Join us for our Purple Patch Summer Disco!
Put on your loudest Hawaiian shirt, your biggest pair of sunglasses and join us on Zoom for some summer party fun! Come along to our Summer Disco Zoom to show off your best dance moves, and in preparation, read on to enjoy some fruity refreshments and get creative.
The Purple Patch Summer Disco will be on Thursday 5th August, at 7:00-8:30pm on Zoom. The event is open to everyone and is pay as you feel – this means that if you would like to donate some money to Purple Patch for attending the disco then that would be lovely and you can click the button below to choose how much, but you can also still come for free if that is better for you right now – everyone is always welcome!
The Summer Disco will be on our usual monthly Disco Zoom, but if you don’t have the Zoom details, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Try some of these activities to get summer party ready…
We can’t always rely on the sun making an appearance in the British Summertime, so why not create your own? Either draw your own sunshine template, or use this one created by our wonderful Programme Leader, Lorna!
Then, make it as bright as possible! Why not try using lots of different textures in sunshine colours? You could use paint, tissue paper, gold foil, dry pasta, wax crayons, flower petals…
Create your sun in time for the Summer Disco Zoom so even if the weather is cloudy, we can still enjoy each others’ sunshine!
Quench your thirst with a Purple Mocktail:
You will need:
A large jug and a glass for each person
A handful of mint leaves
1. Add your ice cubes to the serving jug.
2. Fill 4 fifths of your serving jug with lemonade, then the final fifth with Ribena. Give the drink a good stir and watch it turn purple!
3. Juice two of your limes, add the lime juice to your jug and give it a final stir.
4. Chop up your other 2 limes into quarters and add them to the jug, as well as the mint leaves.
5. Pour yourself a glass! To keep your drink chilled between servings, keep the jug in the fridge.
Some of Team Purple are already in the Summer mood! Which staff members are hiding behind their purple sunglasses?
Keep cool with some mini fruity ice lollies!
You will need:
An ice cube tray
Some of your favourite fruits – try strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, raspberries
1. Wash your fruit and chop it into small pieces, small enough to fit into the ice cube moulds, but not completely fill them!
2. Place a couple of pieces of fruit into each ice cube mould. You could try putting different types of fruit together, or just have one type of fruit in each mould.
3. Fill each ice cube mould with fruit juice or lemonade.
4. Place the ice cube tray into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Take the ice cube tray out of the freezer and push a lollipop stick into each filled mould.
6. Put the ice cube tray back into the freezer for another hour, or until the ice cubes are completely frozen.
7. Pull the fruity ice cubes out of the moulds using the lollipop stick and enjoy your mini fruity ice lollies!
Here are some refreshing combinations you could try:
Raspberries and apple juice, kiwis and lemonade, strawberries and orange juice, blueberries and cranberry juice…
Why not practice your dance moves ready for the Summer Disco? There will be lots of music all with a summer theme – listen to these summer tunes and get dancing!
5, 6, 7, 8 by Steps
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
Mr Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
Answers for Activity 2: 1. Bronia; 2. Grace; 3. Chemaine; 4. Sarah; 5. Lisa; 6. James